Carmen and Tessy's Land Below The Wind

Introducing Sabah Malaysia Borneo in the Perspective of Two Young Sisters from the Land Below The Wind

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sandakan Vacation: Day 1

Sunday, 19 December 2004

CARMEN: Today, we went to Sandakan by air. We were so excited cause it was our first time to go on an aeroplane. Can you believe that? It takes about 40 mins to reach Sandakan from Kota Kinabalu and it was a thrill for me and Tessy to fly in a 737 Boeing as we both got to sit by the window seats. It was real fun, you know.

TESSY: I sat with dad, and mom with Carmen.

CARMEN: Enough of the airplane Tess. Ok, where are we? Oh, when we get to Sandakan airport, dad's friend I think, came to pick us up and sent us to Sabah Hotel or known as Renaissance Sandakan Hotel last time. Dad said it is the most expensive and best hotel in Sandakan.

TESSY: Car..., I don't think so. I think..., I think..., Rasa Ria is much better.

CARMEN: Tess..., for Sandakan, it is the best ok? At least it has a bathtub, not like Mimpian Jadi.

TESSY: Hmmm, alrite...

CARMEN: We have a grand time at the hotel, at the swimming pool with the slides and everything. Not bad really, but their outdoor jacuzzi pool was out of order.

TESSY: Later, we went to Sandakan town for shopping...

CARMEN: Sandakan don't have any shopping mall like in Kota Kinabalu. I mean, I can't live here. Without shopping complexes and malls? It will be too boring. I live for shopping. Oh, they also have a Centrepoint, but their 'Centrepoint' is just a small itsy bitsy mini mall.

TESSY: At night..., at night..., we went to eat at a seafood restaurant called Ocean King, not far from our..., from our..., hotel. The taxi driver told us.., the taxi driver told us..., that the restaurant is very popular and..., and..., the food is delicious. But, Car and I were too sleepy. We couldn't keep our eyes open.

CARMEN: We were too tired from the afternoon swim at the hotel's pool.

TESSY: Yeeaaaa, Car..., that was fun. I like the slider down to the pool. And..., and..., you were..., were..., scared?

CARMEN: Whatever! Tessy, please don't embarass me.

TESSY: Hmmm Car. Ok.

CARMEN: The End for Day 1 at Sandakan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home